- Course Name
- Nutrition Coach
- Study Mode
The Institute’s Nutrition Coach course has been designed to empower fitness professionals to be better equipped to provide current nutrition information to clients within their scope of practice.
Using the latest evidence-based principles, students will learn nutrition for optimal health at every age, for weight management, and for performance and muscle growth.
There is a major focus on motivational coaching skills to better empower the client to make great nutrition choices within a fit and healthy lifestyle.
Learn to provide nutrition solutions for your clients through The Institute's Nutrition Coach course, and add to your revenue stream with your sound nutrition knowledge.
Who Should Attend?
- Fitness professionals who want their clients to make great nutrition choices through real, cutting-edge motivational coaching strategies
- Those who want to develop sound nutrition knowledge needed to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle
Why Should I Do The Course?
With obesity rates in Australia climbing faster than anywhere else in the world, solutions are needed for real problems faced by clients who struggle to maintain healthy nutrition choices.
From day one, you will learn how to empower clients to change through real motivational coaching strategies using the latest, evidence-based nutritional principles and practices.
The Institute’s Nutrition Coach course has been developed by some of Australia’s leading Dietitians, and other highly qualified health and fitness experts.
All Coaches have a degree in either nutrition or dietetics, as well as a teaching qualification.
Get started today
Call now on 1300054618 or
"Offering nutrition guidance to my clients will allow me to provide a more holistic service, enabling them to make long-term changes."
Owner of BodyWorks Personal Training
To be eligible for this course, students must have a keen interest in nutrition, have a computer and internet access, and meet the Institute’s acceptance criteria.
Training and Assessment
This course is offered in a blended mode, with a mix of face-to-face days, and online learning where students will be implementing practical strategies from day one. Assessment includes a combination of online quizzes, case studies and role plays.
AREAS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
Module 1: Nutrition for optimal health at
- What is healthy eating?
- Guidelines for an optimal diet
- Foods for wellbeing
- Nutrients for wellbeing
- Do we need supplements?
- Eating well at every age
- Eating for specific dietary needs
- Eating for specific conditions
Module 2: Nutrition for weight management
- The obesity crisis
- Body composition
- Energy balance
- The process of weight change
- Appetite management
- Guidelines for weight management
- Which obesity treatments work?
- Popular weight loss diets
Module 3: Nutrition for performance and muscle growth
- Choosing your performance goals
- Fuelling your active body
- Nourishing your active body
- Optimal hydration
- Getting your protein right
- Carbs give you energy
- Fats and performance
- Eating for a great performance
- Eating to gain muscle
- What to eat before and during exercise?
- Recovery nutrition
- Who needs sports performance supplements?
Module 4: Nutrition coaching skills and strategies
- What is nutrition coaching?
- Connecting with your client
- Assessing eating habits
- How clients change behaviour
- Setting nutrition goals
- Motivating a client to change
- Delivering nutrition sessions
- Monitoring nutrition targets
- Dealing with challenges
- Helping someone with disordered eating