Remedial Massage Therapist
COURSE NAME: Remedial Massage Therapist
QUALIFICATION OUTCOME: Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307)
STUDY MODE: On campus
In this course you will be taught an array of remedial massage techniques and skills, which are learnt through practice and repetition.
As a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist you will have the ability to assess and treat clients with aches, pains and injuries. Plus, you’ll be well equipped to look after your clients throughout their health and fitness journey, and have the ability to pass on health insurance benefits to them as well.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those with an interest in furthering their massage skills and knowledge base
- Those with a desire to work with a broader range of clients
- Those wanting to greatly improve employment opportunities
- Those with an eagerness to work and treat clients suffering from aches, pains and injuries
- Those with a desire for their clients to receive health insurance rebates
WHY SHOULD I DO THE COURSE?
The demand for professionally trained and highly skilled Remedial Massage Therapists has never been greater, with manual therapy widely accepted and endorsed as a professional modality among Physiotherapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
Many of our graduates have been successful in attaining positions with professional sporting teams such as the South Sydney Rabbitohs and and the West Coast Eagles, as well as in gyms like Fitness First.
All of our highly trained Coaches maintain active practice in the massage industry, with many experienced in working with professional sports teams, while others have vital on-the-job experience gained at gyms, naturopathy clinics and health centres, as well as working with special needs' clients.
All our dedicated Coaches are multi skilled across both physical and manual therapies and, through their passion for teaching, will ensure that every student receives the practical hands-on experience they need to be ‘job-ready’.
To be eligible for this course, students must hold a Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice or equivalent with supporting evidence, have a computer and internet access, and meet the Institute’s acceptance criteria.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
Developed to offer each student a comprehensive understanding in the fundamentals of remedial massage, this course consists of over 70 delivery sessions, with assessment challenges to ensure they are industry-ready.
AREAS COVERED IN THE COURSE
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- Detailed functional anatomy
- Dysfunctions and associated injuries
- Special tests
- Regional assessments
- Remedial Massage techniques
- Provide remedial treatments to members of the public