The Fitness Zone
Fitness Careers can help people to achieve a balanced lifestyle. But first, take a step away from the fad diets, gruelling exercise and post-pregnancy workout plans that are often unrealistic, and instead focus on getting the balance of work, exercise, leisure and social time right. Good advice don't you think?
The pressure we put on ourselves to be constantly setting goals and achieving them consistently is immense. If we don't give any thought to spending some time relaxing and replenishing ourselves through leisure activities, we will soon find our life is out of balance.
We all have commitments that need to be met at certain times, but health can decline rapidly if we overload ourselves with too many goals and demands.
Moderation is the key to a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Here are some pointers to get you started on a healthy lifestyle change:
- Prioritise and plan: If your career is your priority, then adjust your health goals to suit. Instead of doing 2 hour gym workouts in the evening every day of the week why not start a walking programme during your lunch hour 3 times a week and a swim in the weekend?
- Set realistic objectives: Attempting to run a marathon in a month when you have not done any training is not achievable for most of us. Be realistic about the things you can achieve. Plan to do the marathon in a few months time when you can break the larger goal down into manageable chunks each week.
- Plan your time effectively: Procrastination is the thief of your time! Improve your time management and tick off the goals you achieve each time
- Don't limit yourself on the good life: Teetotalling might be appropriate for some people, but don't cut something out if you enjoy it in moderation. A glass of red wine with dinner occasionally has health benefits, but don't overdo it.
- Get good sleep: A good night's sleep is positively medicinal! Research shows that 8 hours of quality sleep will improve mental clarity and moods and help repair tissues. It also helps you to lose weight believe it or not!
- Eat healthy: Make sure you stick to a healthy eating plan with a few treats now and then. Include a diet rich in healthy proteins, vegetables, fruit and whole-grains.
Ensure you get out with friends and family for replenishing social activities and allocate some solitary relaxation time for yourself and notice your life improve!
How Personal Trainers Should Communicate With Their 4 Types of ClientsMarch 1, 2019
How Should You Price Your Personal Training Services?February 27, 2019
How to Lead a Fitness Class with ConfidenceJanuary 31, 2019
Do’s and Don’ts of Working with Personal Training ClientsJanuary 31, 2019