The Fitness Zone
With advances in Technology, the world is your oyster. While the gym still offers a great base from which to conduct personal training appointments, there are many more options created by positive advances in technology that all contribute to a dynamic and motivating career option.
- Pedometers. A daily target of 10,000 steps or 8kms is considered by some experts to be the ideal benchmark for an active healthy lifestyle. Outside of the gym environment, this is one option you can offer your clients, particularly if they're the outdoorsy types.
- Wii fitness from home.Your client is an at-home Mum requiring flexibility to do workouts from home. With wii fitness you can tailor your Personal training package to include some of the workouts on this game console whilst still maintaining the coach/mentor relationship required to stay motivated.
- Mapping GPS routes for running and walking. Add to your Personal Training toolbox a customised GPS route for your clients. Maybe invest in a couple of GPS devices that you could rent to your clients and incorporate the cost into your hourly fee.
- Dietary plans for clients.Manage clients' dietary plans with one of the many free online tools available including; calorie counting sites, online recipe folders and spreadsheets for managing weekly meals and shopping lists.
- A healthy social media network.Once you have built a network of Personal Trainer colleagues, friends, mentors and clients you can share event dates, post blogs and content to a facebook page alerting clients to just about anything relevant in your Personal Training business! Your clients can network with each other too.
Hopefully you have gained some insights into the evolving nature of technology and its positive impact on a personal training career.