The Fitness Zone
Michelle Bridges from The Biggest Loser Australia offers her career tips for becoming a successful Personal Trainer.
- Train in group fitness and take classes for the experience in dealing with large groups.
- Do outdoor training as well as gym-based, as it makes you think more laterally on how to train people.
- Study nutrition as it's a major factor in improving your clients' health and getting results.
- Immerse yourself in life, so you can understand and communicate with all types of clients.
- Get yourself a good accountant, so you know what you can claim and what you can't.
- Put a no show' policy in place and make it clear to your clients.
- Make your clients accountable for their goals to make sure they'll meet you half way.
- Offer multi pack sessions at a discounted rate to encourage clients to stick with you.
- Walk your talk you don't have to look like an Olympic athlete, but you should be able to do what you put you clients through.
- Know your stuff about the human body, exercise, massage and nutrition to gain more respect from your clients.
How Personal Trainers Should Communicate With Their 4 Types of ClientsMarch 1, 2019
How Should You Price Your Personal Training Services?February 27, 2019
Marketing 101 for Personal TrainersFebruary 26, 2019
How to Lead a Fitness Class with ConfidenceJanuary 31, 2019
Do’s and Don’ts of Working with Personal Training ClientsJanuary 31, 2019