The Fitness Zone
P ersonal training education starts by getting to know about the different types ofexercise and foods that are best for yourhealth and well-being. First secret - do you want to reverse the ageing process without having to see a plastic surgeon? Add Super Foods to your diet and you might even discover the fountain of youth! Sounds too good to be true but the evidence shows that the nutritional and antioxidant benefits are a good reason to add these anti-ageing foods to your diet.
The top 10 anti-ageing Super Food groups are:
- Red Wine, Water and Green Tea
- Avocado, Broccoli, Onions, Peppers, Soy, Spinach and Sprouts, Hot Peppers, Leeks and Daikon radishes
- Aai Berries, Apples, Blueberries, Pomegranates, Pumpkin, Kiwifruit, Oranges and Tomatoes
- Wild Salmon, Turkey and Eggs
- Beans, Barley, Seeds, Nuts, Lentils, Oats, Walnuts and Buckwheat
- Cinnamon, Garlic, Extra Virgin Olive Oil ("cold pressed") Sea Salt, Yogurt & Kefir (fermented milk drink)
- Dark chocolate
- Sea Vegetables, Irish Moss, Umeboshi Plums, Wheat Grass and Miso
Broccoli has been proven to be effective in fighting cancer, boosting the immune system and building calcium in the body. It's also had a part to play in preventing cataracts. Garlic's medicinal properties include treatment for arthritis, cataracts, boosting immune system, cancer and stroke treatments. Soy is packed full of phyto-oestrogens and nutrients helping to prevent cardiovascular diseases, cancer and osteoporosis.
It's not just the obvious vegetables, fruits and grains that are boosting our immunity and fighting disease either! Red Wine and Dark Chocolate also feature on the list. Red wine contains resveratrol that has been shown to prolong life. Dark chocolate is known to reduce cholesterol, protect against cardio-vascular disease and promote serotonin production in the brain as a natural anti-depressant. This doesn't mean you should go out and buy a block of chocolate every day though - moderation is the key to good health.
Add these Super Foods to your diet for longevity and better health!