About Steve Pettit
CEO - National, Queensland
Steve loves to develop high performing teams that are focused on working towards a shared vision and goal, helping leaders to realise their full potential is one of his passions.
Steve has extensive experience in a range of leadership roles having worked with some of the world's leading fitness providers including, Les Mills Asia Pacific, Les Mills International and Zest Health Clubs.
After leading the Australian Institute of Fitness (Qld) he became the National CEO of the Australian Institute of Fitness (AIF) and Australian Fitness Network (Network) where his passion for improving the health and wellbeing of Australians drives him to ensure that those working in the Fitness Industry are of the highest quality.
- GAICD: Australian Institute of Company Directors
- MBA: Master of Business Administration
- BCom: Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Marketing)
- BPhEd: Bachelor of Physical Education (Major in Exercise Prescription and Management)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Fitness
Tip for Institute Friends
The fitness industry is a dynamic and rewarding one made up of passionate individuals. Make sure you surround yourself with people that have a real interest in your success!