- Course Name
- Massage Therapist
- Qualification Outcome
- Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice
- Study Mode
- On campus
Based on industry best practice, you’ll learn about the safest, most effective techniques for giving a full body relaxation massage, sports massage, massaging for special needs, and stretching techniques.
The course also covers trigger point therapy for treatment of muscular pain, the essentials to managing a successful massage therapy business, plus the skills and knowledge required to work in a supervised massage clinic.
Who Should Attend?
- Those who have an interest in massage and pursuing a career in massage
- Those who have a passion for establishing a part-time business, or supplementing their career in the fitness industry
- Those with a Certificate III and IV in Fitness, and wanting to expand their knowledge and business opportunities
- Those with a yearning for a full-time career managing their own business, or working for someone in a gym, health centre, spa or other massage related area
Why Should I Do The Course?
Qualified Massage Therapists are always in demand, and the career opportunities are always wide and varied. Graduates of this course have the option to work at a gym, health club or spa, or start their own massage business.
Alternatively, if you are already working in the fitness industry, this course offers a great way to supplement your current career, by providing you with new skills and bigger earning potential.
The Institute’s team of Coaches bring with them a very broad range of industry experience, from working in gyms and with sporting teams, through to naturopathy clinics and beauty salons.
Through their commitment to the Institute’s cultural values, all our Coaches are extremely passionate about Massage Therapy and will ensure that any classroom learning is delivered in a way that’s user-friendly and fun.
Get started today
Call now on 1300054618 or
"The massage course was a great experience to which I owe my dream job! I now work with elite sports teams."
Institute graduate and Sports Massage Therapist
To be eligible for this course, students must have an interest in massage, be over 18 years of age, have a computer and internet access, and meet The Institute’s acceptance criteria.
Training and Assessment
Massage Therapist course components consist of over 50 sessions covering a wide range of massage therapy skills, techniques and classroom based learning.
AREAS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Anatomy, specifically muscles and bones
- How to give a full body relaxation massage
- Massage for special needs
- Sports massage and stretching techniques
- Trigger point therapy for treatment of muscular pain
- How to run a massage business
Units of Competency
Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312)*Print Table
|Competency Code||Competency Title||Training Package|
|Core (10 units of competency)|
|BSBWOR203B||Work effectively with others||Business Services|
|HLTCOM404C||Communicate effectively with others||Health|
|HLTCOM405D||Administer a practice||Health|
|HLTCOM406C||Make referrals to other health care professionals when appropriate||Health|
|HLTCOM408D||Use specific health terminology to communicate effectively||Health|
|HLTHIR301C||Communicate and work effectively in health||Health|
|HLTWHS300A||Contribute to WHS processes||Health|
|HLTFA311A**||Apply first aid||Health|
|HLTIN301C||Comply with infection control policies and procedures||Health|
|HLTAP401B||Confirm physical health status||Health|
|Electives - Specialisation Units (5 units of competency)|
|HLTREM401D||Work within a massage framework||Health|
|HLTREM406C||Provide massage treatment||Health|
|HLTREM407C||Plan massage treatment||Health|
|HLTREM408C||Apply massage assessment framework||Health|
|HLTREM409C||Perform massage health assessment||Health|
* The Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312) qualification has been recently superseded and is currently being upgraded to a new qualification, Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT42015). These changes are part of the industry review and improvement cycle and affect all vocational education and training providers. Students will be informed upon enrolment if their course will be affected by the transition and advised of the qualification they may receive upon completion. ** In accordance with the packaging rules for the Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312)*, we issue the UOC HLTFA311A. Further to this, because we deliver training and assessment at the HLTAID003 level as well, you will also receive a Statement of Attainment for this higher First Aid UOC, HLTAID003.