WHY CHOOSE A FITNESS career?
A growing industry
The demand for fitness professionals and opportunities in the industry continue to grow. You could work with a range of employers or start your own business, all while doing something you're passionate about.
7 reasons to choose a fitness career
- HELP OTHERS CHANGE THEIR LIVES
- There aren’t many careers where you get to see your clients physically and mentally change their lives. But that’s exactly what a career in the fitness industry offers you; an opportunity to help your clients feel better about themselves and lead a longer, healthier life thanks to the proven benefits of fitness.
- BE IN A JOB YOU’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
- If you’re getting up each morning and dreading going to work, then you’re clearly in the wrong career. Being part of the fitness industry gives you the opportunity to give back, feel rewarded and do something you’re passionate about, whether you’re working at a gym, in your local park, in a clinic, or with sports teams or allied health professionals.
- RUN YOUR OWN BUSINESS
- Being your own boss gives you freedom to set your own hours, and decide where you want to spend your days. The fitness industry offers a range of rewarding career options, for those wanting their own business, from becoming a franchised Personal Trainer and starting up your own personal training studio to running an outdoor training company, or becoming a Massage Therapist and opening your own clinic.
- EARN INCOME WHILE TRAVELLING OR DOING FURTHER STUDY
- Whether you plan to travel the world or head off to uni to further your studies, once you’re trained as a Personal Trainer, Group Exercise or Aqua Instructor, or Massage Therapist, you have a means of earning income wherever you are. You could even be training passengers on a cruise ship, or your fellow classmates in the uni gym.
- DON'T BE TIED TO A DESK
- The fitness industry is unlike any other. Here’s your chance to escape the daily grind of 9 to 5, and have the gym, your home or the beach become your ‘office’. Avoid the long daily commute in a suit and the back ache from sitting at a desk all day, that your friends will be complaining about. Instead you could be preparing clients to climb Kilimanjaro, or massaging sports teams before a big game.
- WORK IN A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT
- Imagine working in an industry where you get the support from other fitness professionals who are as passionate and energetic as you are; where you’re encouraged to do your best, look your best, and feel your best. Whether you’re helping a client lose weight or recover after an injury, you’ll always feel like you’re making a positive contribution.
- LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- A career as a fitness professional really is a win-win. Not only will you feel good about helping other people transform their lives, but with the daily benefits of living a healthy lifestyle, you’ll feel great about yourself too. You’ll be on your feet, showing your clients exercises or performing massage, and the motivation you give out will have an effect on yourself too.
Get started today
Call now on 1300054618 or
The opportunities to have a successful career in fitness are wide and varied. Popular career paths include:
- Personal Trainer
- Group Exercise Instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Personal Training Manager
- Outdoor Personal Trainer
- Remedial Massage Therapist
- Cruise ship/resort Personal Trainer
We like to ensure that all our students are set up for success before they finish their course. Our on-campus Career Scouts are there to help you connect with employers and give you career advice, so you can get started in your new career sooner.
"My Scout was a huge help during my journey at the Institute, opening my eyes to the opportunities out there for me."
Institute graduate, Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist
At the Australian Institute of Fitness we believe that providing a world-class fitness education is just the beginning. That’s why we’ve aligned with fitness career providers to help assist in career placement for all our graduates.
"There are plenty of options at Vision for Personal Trainers wanting a long-term career."
Owner of Vision Personal Training
Find out more about our career partners and jobs currently on offer.Career Partners
As part of our comprehensive approach to fitness education and to help our students start their career sooner, the Australian Institute of Fitness operates Australia's number one fitness careers website, featuring the latest vacancies.
Possible job opportunities currently available
Registered career providers
"I am blessed to be doing what I love for a ‘job’ all the while being able to spend quality time with my family."
Institute graduate and owner of Fitness For Life