The Fitness Zone
Personal Training Education includes everything from the practical fitness aspects through to the health benefits of drinking water and getting enough quality sleep at night!
The effect of not enough sleep the night before can result in a feeling similar to that of someone who is mildly intoxicated!Poor quality sleep can result in a person feeling irritable and tired, having low concentration levels and symptoms of depression.
It's important to get rest at the end of the day.Studies have shown that sleep helps to reduce stress, improve cardiovascular health, enhances memory and reduces the incidence of mood disorders such as anxiety and depression.It is also an essential tool for weight loss programmes many of them prescribing at least 8 hours of sleep a night.
Here are 10 ways to improve your sleep for optimum health:
1. Regular exercise:Physical activity during the day will help you to expend excess energy so you won't be feeling restless in bed at night.
2. Limit the use of caffeine and alcohol prior to bed:If you're having a coffee or wine at night and wondering why you're experiencing sleep disturbances, then try only drinking coffee early in the day and limit the alcohol to a wine or beer with dinner.
3. Try not to watch TV in your bedroom or do work too late @ night:The extra stimulus of images on the TV can affect your ability to relax and fall asleep.
4. Have a bed time routine: Get your body and mind into the habit of knowing when it's sleep time.Do some reading (nothing too heavy or challenging), take a bath and listen to some quiet music to relax before sleep.
5. Avoid naps during the day:If you're napping throughout the day, then chances are you'll not feel as tired or need as much during the night, resulting in tiredness the next day.
6. Don't take your worries to bed:If you've got things on your mind, then talk them over with someone during the day or try journaling them just don't take them to bed.
7. Ensure you have a healthy diet:A healthy diet will help with digestion so you'll have a better night's sleep.
8. Create a relaxing sleep environment:Have lamps on in the room, lovely cushions and a nicely made bed to hop into.Make the room a tidy, stylish oasis away from the rest of the house where you can relax and drift into a deep, replenishing sleep.
9. Try relaxation activities before bed:Take a bath, say Prayers or do Meditation to bring about peace and relaxation.
10. Get up earlier:Getting up earlier helps to use your energy up so you'll naturally want to go to sleep earlier at night.