Affordable cover from Gallagher, the broker of choice for hundreds of fitness professionals

In order to work in any Australian fitness facility, you should have public liability and professional indemnity insurance to protect you against potential legal action from clients and members.

At Network we are pleased to refer our members to Gallagher to discuss their insurance and to find the right cover needed for the activities you perform in your role as a fitness professional. As a member of Network you may receive discounts on your insurance with Gallagher.  If you’re not yet a Network member, click here for more information about joining.

As a fitness professional you need to know that your insurance policy is affordable, convenient and that you’re protected for your unique needs. Please refer below for FAQ’s and details on how you can protect yourself.

Ready to sign up or need more information around your specific needs? Please contact Gallagher below.

Get Cover Now


Still have questions? Check out more FAQs here or speak with our friendly Careers Team on 1300 669 669

Who is Gallagher?

Gallagher is an international insurance brokerage, risk management and consulting firm, operating in 45+ countries. We are the chosen partner to more than 100,000 Australian businesses, from small businesses through to multinational corporations and brands. 

Through our network across Australia, we understand local business communities.

What is Professional Indemnity Insurance?

Professional Indemnity Insurance covers you for claims that arise when a third party, usually a client, alleges that your professional advice, design or service as a fitness instructor or personal trainer was negligent and caused them a loss or injury. The loss could be any or all of the following bodily injury, property damage or financial loss. So if a third party makes a claims against any wrongdoing, mistake or breach of professional duty,  Professional Indemnity protects the assets and reputation of you and your business.

What is an Aggregate Limit - refer Professional Indemnity?

It is the maximum amount the insurer will pay for all losses incurred within the policy period.

What is Public Liability Insurance?

Public Liability covers a claim against you for bodily injury and property damage to a third party, that arise from the operation of your business as a fitness instructor or personal trainer.  A claim may arise as a result of negligence by your or your staff, such as failing to demonstrate reasonable care for others resulting in injury.

What Activities am I covered for?

You are covered for the activities that you are suitably qualified to instruct anywhere within Australia so long as you are not running your own commercial premises or home studio.  Please note, if you are not qualified for the activities which you are teaching, you are not covered. For example, if you are teaching Pilates classes you must have a qualification to do so.

The AFN program includes all AFN, Fitness Australia or Physical Activity Australia approved and endorsed courses.  If your qualification is CEC or CPD approved, then this is included in the scope of practice under the AFN Members program.

What do I do if I have a claim?

When you receive a letter of demand, you need to send a copy of the letter and all communication relating to the incident including the incident report to ( as soon as you receive the letter of demand, we will then be able to assist you with the claim. We will notify the insurer and handle the claim on your behalf.

Alternatively, if you would like to discuss a potential claim, please contact the team on 1800 222 012 for assistance.

Can I do outdoor sessions?

Yes, you can do outdoor sessions provided that you have permission from your local council to be using the outdoor areas. Also, as an outdoor environment cannot be controlled like it can be in say a gym, extra care needs to be taken when conducting classes or sessions outside.

What is my excess?

It is $250 for all AFN member policies*.

*Any extra policies / sections that trigger referral may vary this excess.

How can I pay for my insurance?

There are various payment options available to you, including BPay, Credit Card, EFT, BillPay and monthly instalment.

Will I receive any documentation?

Once payment is made a Certificate of Currency and insurer schedule is issued (generally within 48 hours). Please contact us if you require your documentation sooner by emailing a copy of the payment receipt to and requesting a Certificate of Currency.