The Fitness Zone
As an Instructor you'll be happy to know that your job prospects are rated as good' by the Government. There are a number of great reasons to become a Fitness Instructor , and one of the biggest is the strong employment opportunities it offers.
Employment opportunities for Fitness Instructors projected to 2015-16, is expected to grow very strongly. It is considered a large occupation (22,800 in November 2010) and in the last five years employment numbers have risen strongly.
Many of your fellow Fitness Instructors will take the obvious path of working in a gym, but it's important to remember Fitness Instructors are employed across several industries including arts and recreation services, education and training, and health care and social assistance.
Don't be afraid to take on part-time work either, as it can often lead to a full-time job.
To help you land your perfect gig, here are five tips for finding a job in fitness:
1. Never stop learning. Fitness is an ever-changing landscape and it's important for you to stay up-to-date with current trends . It makes you vastly more employable.
2. Don't be afraid to volunteer. Try your local AFL or Rugby club, offer to provide them with pre-season testing. You'd be surprised how many clients you can pick up this way.
3. Practice your interview technique. Being a fitness instructor is as much about presentation as anything else.
4. If you work in a gym, put the effort in to build your client base.
5. Network, network and network some more . The more people you meet the better your chance of landing a new client, or picking up a job.