The Fitness Zone
2016 has been a year of firsts for Model, TV Presenter and former Miss Universe Laura Dundovic. Making the decision to enrol in our Master Trainer course to expand her fitness knowledge, she has also spent these past few months in France with boyfriend and rugby star Quade Cooper currently playing in Toulon.
With a lifestyle that involves regular travel and long hours, good nutrition is clearly a must for this dynamic Aussie babe. On top of that, Laura also suffers from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome which means staying on top of her health is even more important. Avoiding alcohol and sugar “I try and eat as fresh as possible” Laura says. She also finds that exercise is key to maintaining to her energy levels. “Whenever I am searching for motivation” she says, “I remember that after I exercised I will feel amazing after.”
However, Laura loves food, and even credits the thought of breakfast with helping her get up in the morning! A strong advocate for a balanced lifestyle, Laura’s favourite healthy eating hacks clearly come from experience:
1. “I use herbs for flavour rather than sauces” Laura says, which is higher in nutrients and lower in processed ingredients.
2. Preparation is key. “ If I have a fridge full of healthy treats, if I don't I end up going for the chocolate,” Laura says.
3. Have a few vegetarian days a week
4. Make your own snacks . “At the moment I’ve been making my own raw Picnic chocolates and a homemade houmous with carrot sticks.”
5. And if you can’t, make sure you have healthy alternatives on hand. Laura says she loves protein bars because “I can keep them in my bag and re-fuel on the run.”
6. Eat clean when you prepare your own food so you can indulge when you go out. “It’s all about balance,” Laura says.