Running a Successful Massage Clinic
Jun 26, 2014 | by AIF
Massage Coach Marie Antony from the Australian Institute of Fitness in WA gives her top 20 tips on how to manage a successful massage clinic.
Whether you are running a massage practice in a health and fitness club, a medical centre, a sports club, from home, or through a mobile service, here are some tips for the smooth, efficient and successful running of your business.
- Know’ your client name, occupation, sports e.t.c.
- Build rapport with your massage clients.
- Stand by your code of ethics.
- Always look and dress appropriately while you’re at work wear a uniform.
- Keep all of your clients on an electronic database.
- Make sure all of your client files are in a locked filing cabinet.
- Give clients a gift on their birthday and at Christmas, i.e. a free or discounted massage or a book on their sport.
- Get your clients working for you; give them a discount for every new client they refer to you.
- Make sure your towels and equipment are clean, hygienic and safe.
- Be prepared; have a variety of lubricants to suit different modalities and clients’ needs, i.e. allergies, preferences.
- Keep up-to-date with the massage industry with ongoing education.
- Know your industry standards of practice and abide by them.
- Read journals and research articles.
- Be a member of a professional association and a health fund provider.
- Have current Apply First Aid/CPR certificate, and Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance.
- Don’t undercharge or undersell yourself.
- Confirm your clients’ massage bookings the day before.
- Follow up each treatment with a phone call or email.
- Be compassionate.
- Be honest.
If you haven’t yet got your certificate to run your own massage practice then get qualified as a Massage Therapist.