- Course Name
- Fitness Instructor
- Qualification Outcome
- Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30313)
- Study Mode
- Online, on campus and blended
Guided by industry best practice, in the Fitness Instructor (Certificate III in Fitness SIS30313*) course you’ll learn about the safest, most effective techniques for training the body, fuelling it, and ultimately, improving it.
You’ll also gain a thorough understanding of the science (anatomy and physiology) behind good effective exercise prescription, and how, through the development of great people skills, you can effectively communicate, motivate and instruct others.
On a practical level, typical course components will include gym activities that focus on strength, stamina and flexibility, the essentials of effective circuit training, as well as exercise delivery for children.
Who Should Attend?
- Those with a passion for health and fitness
- Those with an interest in learning about the body and how to train people
- Those with a desire to work in the fitness industry and work with people
- Those with an ambition to improve the health and fitness of Australians
- Those with an eagerness to turn their interest in fitness into a career
Why Should I Do The Course?
With many Australians living longer than ever before, plus an increase in conditions such as diabetes and obesity, it’s clear there’s a growing need for health and fitness services.
Indeed, this is further supported by a recent study which indicated that 30% more people signed up with a Personal Trainer in 2013, compared to 2012 (ezidebit). While other research has shown that the personal training industry is growing 4.8% on average each year (IBISWorld).
In addition to holding industry recognised fitness qualifications, including sports science degrees or similar, our Coaches have extensive experience working in the fitness industry, with many of them coaching and performing at a high level.
They love to share their passion for the fitness industry, and impart their knowledge and expertise in a way that students can relate to.
Get started today
Call now on 1300054618 or
"The course is detailed and structured, but it’s the Coaches personal stories that make the Institute the best choice."
Institute graduate and owner of Universal Health Network
To be eligible for our Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30313)* course, students must have an interest in fitness, have a computer and internet access, be over 16 years old and meet our acceptance criteria, which includes an eligibility interview and demonstrating satisfactory levels of language, literacy and numeracy.
Training and Assessment
Course components include over 30 sessions and a range of knowledge checks and assessments to ensure you are industry-ready.
AREAS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Bones and muscles
- Posture and injury prevention
- Cardiorespiratory system, nutrition and energy
- Health promotion and special populations
- Client consultation, screening and fitness testing
- Safety in the gym and workplace
- Exercises for strength, stamina and flexibility
- Systemised instructional techniques
- Training children and adolescents
- Circuit training
- Science behind programming
- Program design and progression
- Leadership, teamwork, and communication
- First aid
Units of Competency
Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30313)*Print Table
|Competency Code||Competency Title||Training Package|
|Core (10 units of competency)|
|SISFFIT301A||Provide fitness orientation and health screening||Fitness|
|SISFFIT302A||Provide quality service in the fitness industry||Fitness|
|SISFFIT303A||Develop and apply an awareness of specific populations to exercise delivery||Fitness|
|SISFFIT305A||Apply anatomy and physiology principles in a fitness context||Fitness|
|SISFFIT306A||Provide healthy eating information to clients in accordance with recommended guidelines||Fitness|
|SISXFAC207||Maintain sport, fitness and recreation equipment for activities||Fitness|
|SISXIND101A||Work effectively in sport and recreation environments||Fitness|
|SISXOHS101A||Follow occupational health and safety policies||Fitness|
|SISXRSK301A||Undertake risk analysis of activities||Fitness|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid||Health|
|Electives - General (2 units of competency)|
|SISFFIT311A||Deliver approved community fitness programs||Fitness|
|SISFFIT313A||Plan and deliver exercise to apparently healthy children and adolescents||Fitness|
|Electives - Specialisation: Gym Instructor (3 units of competency)|
|SISFFIT304A||Instruct and monitor fitness programs||Fitness|
|SISFFIT307A||Undertake client health assessment||Fitness|
|SISFFIT308A||Plan and deliver gym programs||Fitness|
* The Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30313) qualification has been recently superseded and is currently being upgraded to a new qualification, Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315). These changes are part of the industry review and improvement cycle and affect all vocational education and training providers. Students will be informed upon enrolment if their course will be affected by the transition and advised of the qualification they may receive upon completion.