Remedial Massage Therapist
- Course Name
- Remedial Massage Therapist
- Qualification Outcome
- Diploma of Remedial Massage
- Study Mode
- On campus
In this course you will be taught an array of remedial massage techniques and skills, which are learnt through practice and repetition.
As a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist you will have the ability to assess and treat clients with aches, pains and injuries. Plus, you can apply for a provider number, as most private health funds will give your clients rebates for remedial massage treatments.
Who Should Attend?
- Those with an interest in furthering their massage skills and knowledge base
- Those with a desire to work with a broader range of clients
- Those wanting to greatly improve employment opportunities
- Those with an eagerness to work and treat clients suffering from aches, pains and injuries
Why Should I Do The Course?
The demand for professionally trained and highly skilled Remedial Massage Therapists has never been greater, with manual therapy widely accepted and endorsed as a professional modality among Physiotherapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
Many of our graduates have been successful in attaining positions with professional sporting teams such as the South Sydney Rabbitohs and and the West Coast Eagles, as well as in gyms like Fitness First.
All of our highly trained Coaches maintain active practice in the massage industry, with many experienced in working with professional sports teams, while others have vital on-the-job experience gained at gyms, naturopathy clinics and health centres, as well as working with special needs' clients.
All our dedicated Coaches are multi skilled across both physical and manual therapies and, through their passion for teaching, will ensure that every student receives the practical hands-on experience they need to be ‘job-ready’.
Get started today
Call now on 1300054618 or
"I loved the massage course; we got straight into providing massages, gaining so much practical experience."
Institute graduate, Personal Trainer and Massage Therapist
Remedial Massage Therapist
To be eligible for this course, students must hold a Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312) or equivalent with supporting evidence, have a computer and internet access, and meet the Institute’s acceptance criteria.
Training and Assessment
Developed to offer each student a comprehensive understanding in the fundamentals of remedial massage, this course consists of over 70 delivery sessions, with assessment challenges to ensure students are industry-ready.
AREAS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Musculoskeletal dysfunctions
- Detailed functional anatomy
- Dysfunctions and associated injuries
- Special tests
- Regional assessments
- Remedial Massage techniques
- Provide remedial treatments to members of the public
Units of Competency
Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307)*Print Table
|Competency Code||Competency Title||Training Package|
|Core (6 units of competency)|
|CHCORG428A||Reflect on and improve own professional practice||Health|
|HLTAP501C||Analyse health information (Note pre-req: HLTAP401B)||Health|
|HLTCOM502C||Develop professional expertise||Health|
|HLTCOM503D||Manage a practice||Health|
|HLTHIR501C||Maintain an effective health work environment||Health|
|HLTHIR506C||Implement and monitor compliance with legal and ethical requirements||Health|
|Electives - Specialisation Units (5 units of competency)|
|HLTREM502C||Provide remedial massage treatment||Health|
|HLTREM503C||Plan remedial massage treatment strategy||Health|
|HLTREM504C||Apply remedial massage assessment framework||Health|
|HLTREM505C||Perform remedial massage health assessment||Health|
|HLTREM510B||Provide specialised remedial massage treatments (Note pre-req: HLTREM502C, HLTREM503C, HLTREM504C, HLTREM505C)||Health|
|Electives - General (3 units of competency)|
|HLTHIR403C||Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers||Health|
|CHCAC318B||Work effectively with older people||Health|
|HLTCOM510B||Provide services to clients with chronic diseases or conditions||Health|
* The Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT50307) qualification has been recently superseded and is currently being upgraded to a new qualification, Diploma of Remedial Massage (HLT52015). These changes are part of the industry review and improvement cycle and affect all vocational education and training providers. Students will be informed upon enrolment if their course will be affected by the transition and advised of the qualification they may receive upon completion.