COURSE NAME: Massage Therapist
QUALIFICATION OUTCOME: Certificate IV in Massage Therapy Practice (HLT40312)
STUDY MODE: On campus
Based on industry best practice, you’ll learn about the safest, most effective techniques for giving a full body relaxation massage. sports massage and stretching, or massaging for special needs.
The course also covers trigger point therapy for treatment of muscular pain, the essentials to managing a successful massage therapy business, plus the skills and knowledge required to work in a supervised massage clinic.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Those who have an interest in massage
- Those who have a desire to massage friends and family
- Those who have a passion for establishing a part-time business, or supplementing their career in the fitness industry
- Those with a Certificate III and IV in Fitness, and wanting to expand their knowledge and business opportunities
- Those with a yearning for a full-time career managing their own business, or working for someone in a gym, health centre, spa or other massage related area
WHY SHOULD I DO THE COURSE?
Qualified Massage Therapists are always in demand, and the career opportunities are always wide and varied. Graduates of this course have the option to work at a gym, health club or spa for instance, or start their own massage business.
Alternatively, if you are already working in the fitness industry, then this is a great way to supplement your current career, by providing you with new skills and bigger earning potential.
The Institute’s team of Coaches bring with them a very broad range of industry experience, from working in gyms and with sporting teams, through to naturopathy clinics and beauty salons.
Through their commitment to the Institute’s cultural values, all our Coaches are extremely passionate about Massage Therapy and will ensure that any classroom learning is delivered in a way that’s user-friendly and fun.
To be eligible for this course, students must have an interest in massage, be over 18 years of age, have a computer and internet access, and meet the Institute’s acceptance criteria.
TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
Massage Therapist course components consist of over 50 sessions covering a wide range of massage therapy skills, techniques and classroom based learning.
AREAS COVERED IN THE COURSE
- Anatomy, specifically muscles and bones
- How to give a full body relaxation massage
- Massage for special needs
- Sports massage and stretching techniques
- Trigger point therapy for treatment of muscular pain
- How to run a massage business