The Fitness Zone
Did you know there are over 300 searches for fitness facebook in Australia every month? This is another great example of how social media can grow your personal training business.
Although it can never replace human contact in the real world, social networking sites such as facebook add a dimension of connectivity that allow us to communicate and share ideas with other like-minded people all over the world. The fitness industry is one area where this is taking off!
The benefits to the personal trainer are twofold. Firstly you are able to communicate to existing clients and secondly, you can connect with other personal trainers, mentors and support groups to share ideas, stay motivated and focused.
As a personal trainer, planning your social media strategy is vital. Consider implementing a few key objectives you want to achieve and then set in place the goals and tasks required to meet them. For instance a sample Social Media Strategy for a mobile personal training business might include 2-3 key objectives:
Objective 1: Engage with current clients
- Create a group for clients and start a conversation on Facebook that engages those people with you, and each other
- Post a regular twitter message once a week
- Commit to writing a daily or weekly blog of insights to motivate your clients
Objective 2: Engage with new clients
If you've built up an excellent reputation with your current client base, chances are new business leads will come from word of mouth or viral marketing pathways. Other ways to gain new business depending on your personal objectives for the business include:
- Once a month send out an e-newsletter of current trends
- Offering free seminars and provide tips and advice on a topical theme
- Offering a free personal training session each month or running a monthly competition for a free assessment
Objective 3: Stay in touch with other Personal Trainers and Mentors and fitness industry groups
- Create a network of contacts and complementary associates in the fitness industry
- Stay motivated in your job by joining groups that provide a forum to share ideas and challenges relevant to Personal Trainers
Do I Really Need To Warm Up Before Exercise?June 13, 2016
How To Prep For Your Next Adventure RaceJune 3, 2016
The Australian Institute Of Fitness Announces a New National Career Partnership With F45 TrainingMay 20, 2016
Specialising in kids fitness: Unleashing the power of kidsMay 12, 2016
What you ought to know about your first year as a Personal TrainerMay 10, 2016