The Fitness Zone
Michelle Bridges from The Biggest Loser Australia offers her career tips for becoming a successful Personal Trainer.
- Train in group fitness and take classes for the experience in dealing with large groups.
- Do outdoor training as well as gym-based, as it makes you think more laterally on how to train people.
- Study nutrition as it's a major factor in improving your clients' health and getting results.
- Immerse yourself in life, so you can understand and communicate with all types of clients.
- Get yourself a good accountant, so you know what you can claim and what you can't.
- Put a no show' policy in place and make it clear to your clients.
- Make your clients accountable for their goals to make sure they'll meet you half way.
- Offer multi pack sessions at a discounted rate to encourage clients to stick with you.
- Walk your talk you don't have to look like an Olympic athlete, but you should be able to do what you put you clients through.
- Know your stuff about the human body, exercise, massage and nutrition to gain more respect from your clients.
Do I Really Need To Warm Up Before Exercise?June 13, 2016
How To Prep For Your Next Adventure RaceJune 3, 2016
The Australian Institute Of Fitness Announces a New National Career Partnership With F45 TrainingMay 20, 2016
Specialising in kids fitness: Unleashing the power of kidsMay 12, 2016
What you ought to know about your first year as a Personal TrainerMay 10, 2016